Uber announced the launch of Uber Vouchers, a feature that makes it easy for businesses of any kind to sponsor transportation for their customers. Designed for businesses to provide ease of use for customers, Uber Vouchers are an innovative and scalable solution that will enable Uber to serve as the transportation platform of choice for any organization that wants to move people.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Ronnie Gurion, General Manager and Global Head of Uber for Business, said, “With the international launch of this feature, Uber’s goal is to unlock an additional growth lever for businesses by creating an innovative way to bring customers to their door or wherever they need to go. As companies look for new technology and novel ways to engage with consumers, Vouchers provide a perk that businesses know their customers will use.”
Developed on the Uber for Business (“U4B”) platform after being beta tested with 100+ partners globally, vouchers will now be available internationally in most countries where Uber operates, including India.
Getting started with Uber Business is easy:
- Businesses can use Uber Vouchers to offer discounted Uber trips to one or many customers at once, empowering them to attract new clients as well as support loyalty and service for existing customers
- Businesses can create customized Voucher campaigns and programs with parameters, including budget, specified pick-up and drop-off locations as well as a set time for an offer. All this can be tailored to their event, promotion or service using a web dashboard and U4B’s Guest Services team will be available to support businesses as they use and integrate this new offering
- Once a Voucher program is created, a business can send their Vouchers to the intended customers through the distribution method of their choice, including via email, social media, mobile messaging, etc
- Companies offering Vouchers will only pay for the rides redeemed under a Voucher campaign, plus any applicable administrative fees
- When a rider receives a Voucher and clicks to redeem the link, it is added automatically into their Uber app. A Voucher will remain in-app until it expires
- Customers who receive a Voucher can apply it directly to their existing Uber account or will be promoted to download the app to redeem the discounted trip
- Businesses can see how many Vouchers have been redeemed or used within a dedicated dashboard. Data can be exported to streamline reporting and billing. To ensure privacy, no personal rider information is shared
A diverse group of retailers, restaurants and services across industries have leveraged the product in unique and creative ways. Companies who already offer customers transportation such as shuttle services or rental cars, be it in the hospitality sector or in the insurance space, can also make effective use of Vouchers. The feature delivers a real-time and seamless solution to provide consumers with additional choice and flexibility in their transportation, while also reducing operational processes and costs for their business.