Bengaluru, India, January 27, 2015: Amazon.in has reported very impressive sale growth in the recently concluded Great Indian Sale (Jan 21st to 23rd).
Few key highlights
- Day 1 of the Amazon Great Indian Sale became the biggest day ever in the history of Amazon.in. It was bigger than its previous big day (Day 1 of the Great Indian Festive Sale during Diwali last year), in terms of unit sales
- Amazon’s Great Indian Sale was three times bigger than last year’s Republic Deals Parade hosted between Jan 23-26, 2015
- Amazon Fashion showed phenomenal growth which was 3 times the Republic Day sale recorded in January last year and Apparel emerged as the second most sold category during Great Indian Sale 2016; first being Mobiles
- Over 65% orders came from outside of top 8 metros
- Top non-metro cities – Pune, Jaipur, Thane, Patna, Surat , Nagpur
- Traffic on mobile continued to be 70%
- The Amazon Shopping app became the #1 shopping App on iOS and Android platforms
- Most categories witnessed growth up to 9X as compared to their daily run rate
- Fastest selling product on the sale was “Instapower Base E27 9-Watt LED Bulb (Cool Day Light and Pack of 2)” which was 100% claimed in seconds and sold out completely in 13 minutes
Some of the Fashion sale Highlights are
- On the first day of the Great India Sale (GIS), Amazon fashion surpassed the last biggest day of the October 2015 Diwali sale on the website; Apparel was the biggest category in terms of ordered units across Amazon.in, which was a first for Amazon Fashion in such a sale
- Amazon Fashion sales on the first day of 2016 GIS was bigger than what the category fetched during combined 4 days sale in Jan 2015
- All categories have shown over 200% increase in comparison to last year’s January sale
- Highest growth has been observed in Luggage, Watches, Apparel and Handbags as compared to last January sale
- The biggest subcategories in terms of ordered units this sale were Men’s Shoes, Women’s Traditional Wear, Men’s Tops, Men’s Sports Shoes, Women’s Tops and Men’s Watches
- Top 5 Products sold were Casual Shoes, Running Shoes, Men’s T-Shirts, Sarees and Kurtas (Women’s Traditional wear)
- Women’s Traditional Wear, handbags and accessories, Women’s tops, women’s basic shoes and Earrings have been the highest contributing women’s categories in Jan 2016 GIS – all of them exhibiting around 2-4x growth over Jan 2015
- Jewelry and Handbags recorded over 3x growth in January 2016 GIS over last year’s Republic Deals Parade sale
- Tier I cities saw an increase of nearly 5x in terms of ordered units between Jan 2015 and 2016; with the top cities being the 4 Metros, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmadabad, Thane, Gurgaon, Noida and Chandigarh.
- 4.8x increase in ordered units from Tier II cities was witnessed. Top tier 2 cities this year were Jaipur, Vishakhapatnam, Surat, Nagpur, Kanchipuram, Indore, Vadodra, Bhopal, Coimbatore, Bhubaneshwar, Mysore, Guwahati, Lucknow, Nashik. All these cities have shown a growth of about 3x or more in comparison to last year January sale.