Flipkart announced that it will kick off the country’s festive season with its biggest flagship event, The Big Billion Days (TBBD), from September 29th to October 4th. There will be a 4-hour Early Access for Flipkart Plus consumers. To make shopping easier and more accessible for consumers this festive season, Flipkart has partnered with Axis and ICICI Banks to design special offers for cardholders.
Categories will open to consumers as follows:
- 29th September: Fashion, TVs & Appliances, Home & Furniture, Beauty, Sports, Toys, Books, Smart Devices, Personal Care Appliances, Travel & more
- 30th September: Mobiles and Electronic Devices & Accessories
This year, more than ever, the Big Billion Days will be celebrated all across India, from metros to Tier IV markets and beyond. Over the last few months, Flipkart has scaled up its supply chain considerably, both in first- and last-mile delivery, largely in under-penetrated parts of the country to cater to the needs of consumers and sellers. The company has more than doubled the number of pincodes where it offers pick-up capabilities to sellers and has added around 30,000 kiranas to its network to handhold consumers through their online purchase journey.
During the Big Billion Days, consumers will have access to the widest selection of brands and products across categories from lakhs of sellers, brands and artisans. With deals to watch out for in key categories such as mobiles, gadgets, TVs, appliances, fashion, personal care, furniture and more – there will be something for every consumer across India on Flipkart this festive season. For the first time, consumers will also now be able to buy insurance for appliances during the Big Billion Days. To maximise value for consumers, there will be new and exciting offers every single hour by our seller partners, for the entire 144-hour event.
Over the past year, Flipkart has worked closely with brands to share insights and has co-created products tailored to the unique needs of Indian consumers. Flipkart has also scaled up the selection available under its Private Brands, with 10,000+ products under 200 categories specially designed for consumers. In addition, this year for the first time, India’s community of artisans, weavers, and craftsmen will be able to participate in this landmark festive event through Flipkart Samarth.
Affordability is one of the key pillars for the Big Billion Days, with a focus on empowering consumers to fulfill all their shopping aspirations without compromising on their budgets. This year, over 50 million Indians will have access to some form of credit, through Flipkart’s various loan options, including Cardless Credit, Flipkart PayLater and No-Cost EMIs on leading bank debit and credit cards. There will also be 10% instant discount for Axis Bank debit and credit card holders and ICICI Bank credit card users.
Speaking about this year’s Big Billion Days, Kalyan Krishnamurthy, CEO – Flipkart Group, said, “Every year, The Big Billion Days marks the beginning of India’s festive season and every year we set out to deliver the best possible experience for our consumers and our lakhs of sellers. This year, more than ever, we are partnering with brands, MSMEs, sellers, and artisans to deliver unparalleled selection and user experience to our consumers. The Big Billion Days is a time for the whole country to come together and celebrate, without worrying about budgets or constraints. At Flipkart, we’ve worked hard over the past year to prepare for The Big Billion Days and we look forward to collaborating with the whole ecosystem to deliver the best festive season yet.”
This Big Billion Days, Bharat’s favourite festive event will engage a large ecosystem of partner brands with exciting engagements for consumers at various touchpoints. For the Big Billion Days 2019, Flipkart has partnered with India’s favourite Bollywood and sports superstars, including Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Virat Kohli, and MS Dhoni, among others.
NEW IN the Big Billion Days 2019:
- 10% instant discount + 5% unlimited cashback for Flipkart Axis Bank cobrand card customers
- Exciting new games and contests with rewards upto Rs. 100 crore to be won
- Shoppers will be able to buy Complete protection plans for appliances, in addition to mobiles
- 100+ Partner offers for SuperCoins and 4X Coins on all partners such as Ola, OYO, PhonePe, UrbanClap, 1mg
- SuperCoins will unlock a host of special celebrity experiences, 4x earning on SuperPartners, Exclusive Rewards and free flight offers during the BBD
- BBD Specials: Launch of innovative products from top brands specially for the 6 days of Big Billion Days
- This will be the first-ever Big Billion Days for artisans and weavers, who will be getting the opportunity to sell to the entire country