TeluguMatrimony, the leading matchmaking service from BharatMatrimony for the Telugu community across the globe, has revealed interesting findings on how Telugus find their life partners. This matchmaking trend is a study comprising of over 6 lakh existing members.
Analysing the demographic patterns of the registered users and their preferences, the study revealed interesting insights on how Telugus choose to get married. The findings are below:
The top five cities that witnessed maximum number of registrations in AP and Telangana are Hyderabad, Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Guntur.
81% of the registrants live in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, 9% in other Indian cities outside these states and NRI registrations are about 10%
- About 60% of profiles are registered by individuals themselves.
- 31% of the user base comprises women.
- 53% of women who are seeking a life partner are between the ages of 23 and 27, while 42% of men are in the age group of 26 to 30.
- In tune with the mobile and internet trends, 76% profiles were registered using the TeluguMatrimony app.
- 8% women and 10% men were okay with a life partner outside their community.
- The top profession listed by women who have registered on the website is “Software Professional”.
- Interestingly, a significant percentage of Telugus are open to marrying outside the state, 67% and 64% for women and men respectively.
- Indicating the progressive nature of Telugu speaking people, only 23% of women and 26% men state that they want to find a match only within Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- In terms of educational qualification, 42% of women had engineering degrees and 14.5% professional degrees. For men it was 36.8% and 9% respectively.
Murugavel Janakiraman, Founder and CEO, Matrimony.com said, “TeluguMatrimony has earned the trust of millions of Telugus worldwide and has become the most trusted choice when it comes to finding a life partner. Over the past 20 years, lakhs of Telugus found their match here. We are building our leadership further in the market.”