Uber, the worlda��s largest on-demand ridesharing company, has released the second edition of The Uber Lost & Found Index, a snapshot of frequently forgotten items, the most forgetful cities, as well as the days of the week and times of the year Uber riders tend to report items as lost.
a�?We are excited to launch the second edition of the Lost & Found Index. With India emerging as the most forgetful country in APAC and Bangalore continuing to be the most forgetful city, our goal is to sustain our efforts in educating riders about the in-app options available to them, in case they lose something in an Uber. As we approach mercury retrograde, the time of the year generally believed to spur bouts of forgetfulness, this fun and insightful index recognizes Uber’s most forgetful riders and may even remind them to do a ‘possession pat down’ before leaving the car on their next ride,a�? said Sanjay Gupta, Head of Marketing, Uber India & SA.
Herea��s a quick guide and video for riders looking for a�?Lost Itemsa�?:
- Tap on a�?Menua�? icon
- Tap a�?Your Tripsa�? and select the trip where you left something
- Tap a�?Report an issue with this tripa�?
- Tap a�?I lost an itema�?
- Tap a�?Contact my driver about a lost itema�?
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If you lost your personal phone, enter a frienda��s phone number instead.
- Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your drivera��s mobile number.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
- If you are unable to connect with the driver, use a�?in-app supporta�� to report the loss and Uber Support Team will step in to help you
Over the past year, phones, bags and keys top the list of items left behind the most in Ubers in India, together with ID cards, eyewear and an umbrella rounding up the top ten. But riders arena��t just leaving the usuals– everything from wedding gifts to gold jewellery, to LCD TV and childa��s tent house have been reported as lost.
Below is the snapshot of insights from Uber Lost & Found India Index:
10 Most Frequently Forgotten Items in Ubers – India
- Keys/key cards/lock
Most Unique Items Forgotten in Ubers in India
- Cricket batting pads
- Gold Bracelet
- Photo Frame of ridera��s grandmother
- LCD TV
- Child Tricycle
- Childa��s tent house
- Golda chingri (fish)
- Mosquito net
- Poker set
- Cat harness
Most Forgetful cities in India:
- New Delhi
Most Common Days of the Week to Report Items as Lost
Most popular times of day to lose items:
- People are most likely to forget an item between 1:00-4:00PM
- Riders also tend to lose their items during wee hours of the day 5:00-6:00AM
- While the fewest lost items reported at 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM
Most forgetful days in 2017:
- September 16, 2017
- December 31, 2017
- June 27, 2017
- July 18, 2017
- November 25, 2017