BYJU’S has launched learning programs for children aged 4 and 5 years (children in kindergarten- LKG and UKG) on its Disney.BYJU’S Early Learn app in India. A first-of-its-kind offering for children entering the formal education system, this app introduces them to a fun way of concept building. Children can explore and practice Math and English concepts featuring Disney’s timeless stories and characters from Mickey and Friends, Frozen, Cars, The Jungle Book, and more.
The programs are designed to encourage young minds to explore and practice Math and English concepts. From interactive videos, sing-along rhymes, engaging storytelling to cutting-edge worksheets, the app offers an immersive learning platform for children.
The app has a parental reporting system that offers real-time progress reports, enabling parents to oversee and be a part of their child’s learning journey. This system also helps them understand which skills their child is mastering and which skills need more practice.
Key features of the learning programs on Disney. BYJU’S Early Learn App include:
- An adaptive and personalized engine that recommends what a child should learn next based on their progress and proficiency
- A learning map that depicts the most important information that a child has learned and how the different pieces of learning are connected together for them
- A cutting-edge computer-vision framework that allows offline and online integration through digital worksheets to ensure hands on learning and real time feedback
- Video features:
- Stories – Exciting storytelling videos as a way to teach Math and English concepts
- Songs and Rhymes – Interactive rhymes, sing-along videos with Disney characters, which introduce concepts of Math and English in a fun way
- Parental reporting system that offers real-time progress reports
Vinay MR, Chief Content Officer, BYJU’S said, “Our programs aimed at children in LKG and UKG are designed to give a strong head-start to the way children start their learning journey in India. BYJU’S pedagogy, engaging videos and content expertise combined with Disney’s world-class storytelling are aimed at fueling curiosity and the love for learning in children from their formative years. We strongly believe that concept building from a young age plays a crucial role in the way a child approaches learning in the future.
Pramod Sharma, President – Technology & Product, BYJU’S said, “Children today are digital natives and possess an intuitive understanding of technology. Our learning programs provide the perfect offline and online integration to offer children an enhanced and engaging experience. Our adaptive learning engine will also understand the child’s favourite Disney characters, proficiencies and progress and recommend quests and learning content based on their preferred formats like videos, quizzes, rhymes and worksheets.”
In July 2019, Disney. BYJU’S Early Learn App was launched with learning programs for children in classes 1-3 (for children aged 6-8 years). The app now houses learning programs for children aged 4-5 years too. The app is currently available in India on the Google Play Store for Android devices and on the App Store for Apple’s iOS devices.