As the world is witnessing rapid tech-led transformations, education, like any other sector, has also taken a highly dynamic shape. One of its best offerings is the e-learning platform, which is an integrated set of interactive online services that deliver education, tools and resources to students/ learners.
Leveraging the internet and a software system which creates a virtual learning environment, these platforms are playing a major role in democratizing the education landscape of the country. These edu-tech platforms are redefining the learning and exam preparation industry for Indian students, irrespective of their city, schedule etc.
Let’s take a look at some of the leading e-learning platforms, which are truly making a difference in Indian student’ life and learning pattern:
- Brainly: Poland-based Brainly is designed to help students boost their inquisitiveness with a continuous flow of questions and radical solutions. The startup not just focuses on cracking puzzling questions but also on sharing ideas, deepening insights, and exploring knowledge.Founded in 2009, Brainly is the modern education company uniting students and experts in a fun, interactive world that celebrates understanding. Being the shortcut-free solution for fast-tracked learning, Brainly is a transparent, smart, and fun way of motivating students to go from asking to understanding to answering. With over 150 million monthly users hailing from more than 35 countries accessing the platform, Brainly is the world’s most trusted, teacher-approved online learning resource. Built on the belief that brilliance happens when brains come together, Brainly has a unique collaborative model of ‘crowd-learning’. It focusses on holistically aiding students in understanding the concept forming the premise of their question, instead of merely answering it. The platform provides around 50,000,000+ certified answers across the world on a variety of topics every day. Brainly helps students with a deeper understanding and grasp over critical classroom content, ranging from solving a particular question to continuous tutoring in a certain subject, with verified step-by-step explanations and follow up material.
- Unacademy: This online ed-tech platform started in 2015, provides education through video classes, powerpoint presentations and other materials to help government job aspirants prepare for competitive exams. Its faculty consists of students who have cleared various exams and mentors who have extensive teaching experience. They efficiently condense the course material and break down complex concepts into simple bullet points. The platform covers a wide range of subjects and concepts relevant to competitive exams in many languages to benefit students from all over the country. It not only aims to educate them better but also improve their speaking and writing proficiency.
- Made Easy: Made Easy, which started in 2001 as a coaching institute for IES, GATE and PSUs have branched an online learning platform. Through the platform, it provides quality education to students across the country with the help of expert faculty and cutting edge education software. With specialized study material and online classes, it claims to be a success partner of engineering graduates for written examinations and personality tests, integral to the selection process.
- Catalyst Group: Established in 2017, it is one of the fastest growing learning platform with the vision of affordable quality education available to all. It provides students training for GATE, IES, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. To help them crack these competitive exams, the platform houses the biggest group of engineering experts including civil servants, senior professors, authors and senior professionals, who work together to deliver quality content. It enables the students to take lectures from anywhere and at any hour of the day. Moreover, it also runs special batches for college students with a highly affordable fee structure. The platform has numerous highly-placed officers (its ex-students) in central, state government and PSU companies to its credit.
- Byju’s: Launched in 2015, Byju’s – The Learning App, is a learning app for students across age groups with programmes in English and Hindi that make learning and understanding concepts easier for school kids. The subject focus of the platform is math and science, and the concepts are explained using 12-20 minute digital animated videos.
All these platforms are effectively bridging the education demand-supply gap for thousands residing in tier-2 and tier-3 cities, who did not have access to good coaching institutes. In fact, a KPMG report even stated that the number of learners using online classes will increase from 1.6 million in 2016 to 9.6 million by 2021. As we approach higher numbers, we will realize higher success rates across the country based on the availability of quality content at economical prices.