A study undertaken by Sulekha.com has unveiled interesting trends and insights about the service categories that have seen an increase during Unlock 3.0 in August.
This study is based on visits and searches by nearly 70,000+ users across top 8 Indian that landed on Sulekha in August, 2020 (August 1st – 31st).
Key findings of the study:
- The top 3 service categories that have seen a spike in Unlock 3.0 online searches include: Placement Consultancies, Job Training & Paying Guests. As a response to the pandemic, naturally there has been a steady increase for service categories such as Placement Consultancies and Job Training.
- Comparing the growth in online searches for service categories from June – August 2020 (Unlock 1.0 Vs Unlock 3.0), Placement Consultancies grew by 135%, Job Training by 72% and School Tuitions by 73%.
- The top 5 cities that are leading in online searches across service categories include: Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai followed by Hyderabad and Chennai.
- Delhi leads the demand for overall online searches; the top 5 service categories that were searched include: Placement Consultancies (4,191), Job Training (2,631), Competitive Exam Coaching (1,834) and School Tuitions (1,494). As students across the nation aren’t attending regular school, there has been a rise in online searches for service categories such as Competitive Exam Coaching and School tuitions.
- In Bangalore, the top 3 service categories that were searched include: Placement Consultancies (1,472), Paying Guests (1,389) and Job Training (1,178)
- In Mumbai, the top 3 service categories that were searched include: Job Training (1,617), Placement Consultancies (1,524) and (1,276).
- In Hyderabad, the top 3 service categories that were searched include: Placement Consultancies (1,470), Job Training (1,122) and Paying Guests (941).
- In Chennai, the top 3 service categories that were searched include: Paying Guests (1,293), Placement Consultancies (1,206) and Job Training (1,150).
Satya Prabhakar, Founder & CEO, Sulekha.com, said, “According to a recent joint report by the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB), as many as 41 lakh youth in the country lost jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With the rising concern amongst people regarding jobs cuts and pay cuts, Unlock 3.0 has seen a sharp increase in online searches for service categories such as Placement consultancies and Job Training. As schools across the nation remain shut, we have also witnessed a steady growth in online searches for school and competitive exam coaching.”
|Top 3 leading service categories across Unlock 1.0 – 3.0|
|Unlock 1.0||Unlock 2.0||Unlock 3.0|
|Home Appliance Repair||Internet Service Providers||Placement consultancies|
|Domestic Help Services||Job Training||Job Training|
|Job Training||Placement consultancies||Paying Guests|
Sulekha will share interesting insights on multiple Home, Office and Education related services as a part of a regular Trend Tracker.