OpenText announced the OpenText Developer Cloud, a new cloud platform for application development based on OpenText information management services. OpenText provides a platform for developers to create custom solutions to manage information, building a community of innovators that can create better enterprise applications.
“The OpenText Developer Cloud provides access to world class APIs and tools, allowing developers to build information management solutions for today’s biggest challenges,” said OpenText Chief Product Officer Muhi Majzoub. “This is a new way to use OpenText services to build something unique.”
Developers now have access to wide collection of OpenText services that can be grouped into eight categories:
- Capture & Digitize: Allows for automated processes that greatly reduces or eliminates data entry errors
- Store & Manage: Allows for Content Services managing application critical information
- Analyze, Report: Allows for highly interactive analytics functionality to be seamlessly embedded into your solutions
- Process & Automate: Allows for the transition from manual business processes to be automated and driven by critical data points
- Search & Discover: Allows for powerful insight into your customers’ data landscape which can be used to freeze assets or dispose of liability
- Integrate & Access: Allows for reliable access between apps and data sources
- View & Communicate: Allows for customized creation and publication of content tailored to the targeted audience
- Protect & Secure: Allows for information and end-point security to ensure ultimate privacy, compliance, and governance controls
OpenText will continue to bring additional services from across the OpenText portfolio as the Developer Cloud evolves.
“OpenText Developer Cloud is a set of services designed, delivered, and operated by trusted OpenText experts and partners,” said Brian DeWyer, CTO and Co-founder, Reveille Software, Inc. “With OpenText Developer Cloud, modern REST API interfaces are matched with industrial strength content services to rapidly enable the creation of web or desktop Information Management apps, allowing customers and partners to place and process content where it makes sense.”