The advent of hybrid workforce has brought in a new way of working. And with this, the need for digital transformation to support the workforce has also increased. Some employees would be working from office while others would continue to work remotely. In such a scenario, the businesses would need to ensure availability of suitable digital solutions that improve productivity through an intuitive user experience, mobile and cloud connectivity and comprehensive security.
Xerox has been synonymous with innovation since a long time and has brought several cutting-edge technologies to the forefront for the benefit of businesses and end users alike. To help businesses speed up their digital transformation journey, Xerox has launched AltaLink B8100 (black-and-white) and C8100 (colour) Series with ConnectKey Apps that prove to be the true Digital Workplace Assistants. These multi-function printers bridge the gap between physical and digital worlds with apps and solutions for every business.
The AltaLink B8100 and C8100 Series can better support today’s flexible work environment by assisting in complex business processes and workflow automation. In addition to its printing capabilities, the AltaLink 8100 series helps speed workplace digitization with ultra-fast scanning of up to 270 images per minute and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) that allows clients to extract more value from information. These ConnectKey-enabled MFPs support a range of cloud and mobile digital workflows, boosted by a broad ecosystem of Xerox and third party-developed apps.
A more flexible workforce has also brought forth heightened security concerns. Xerox has partnered with leading cyber security experts, such as McAfee and Cisco, to give AltaLink Series a comprehensive built-in security that protects both device and network. Integration with industry leading security solutions like Security Information and Event Management solutions from McAfee, LogRhythm and Splunk simplifies reporting and management of security events.
Some of the key features of Xerox AltaLink 8100 Series are:
- Copy– Expands the office document capabilities with speed upto 72 ppm and first-copy-out time (FCOT) as fast as 3.2 seconds from the platen
- Print– Offers speed of upto 72 ppm and resolution of upto 1200 x 2400 dpi with capabilities of printing from Cloud Repositories (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive), secure print with timed deletion and Sustainability Features (Xerox® Earth Smart Settings, Duplex, N-up, Turn-off Banner and Print ID, Smart Sample Set, Hold All Jobs).
- Scan– Single-pass colour scanning at upto 270 images per minute (duplex speed) that enables faster electronic distribution of full-colour documents for more effective and impressive communications. Other scanning features include Touch Apps, On-box Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Searchable PDF creation, Secure PDF, Scan to USB device, Scan to Email Mailbox and Network, Scan to SMB and TWAIN Support along with option of scanning to cloud repositories.
- Fax– Enhances workgroup productivity with features like Secure fax receive, Up to 200 password-protected folders, Integration with personal or shared LDAP phonebook (up to 1,000 entries).
The Xerox ConnectKey technology enables the AltaLink 8100 series to automate document workflows, seamlessly connect to the systems that run the business, provide comprehensive security and much more.
- Intuitive User Experience –A 10.1-inch colour touchscreen provides a tablet-like experience with gesture-based touchscreen controls, easy personalisation, customizable layout, smart proximity sensor to conserve energy during inactive periods, embedded web server with search tool to get status information, device management and cloning for quick configuration across multiple devices.
- Mobile and Cloud Ready –More mobile with cloud-hosted services and instant connectivity to cloud and mobile devices right from the user interface. Includes Wi-Fi Direct to bypass the need of connecting to the network for printing, Apple AirPrint, Bluetooth, Near Field Communication (NFC) tap-to-pair and Xerox Print Service plug-in for Android to streamline mobile printing.
- Comprehensive Security –Helps in preventing unauthorised access, detecting threats and protecting data and documents with built-in comprehensive security features like digital signed system software, Trusted Boot, innovative Configuration Watchdog for compliance with company security policies, Firmware Verification test, McAfee Whitelisting and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Enables Intelligent Workplace Services –Seamless integration with Xerox Intelligent Workplace Services (IWS) delivers next-level workplace efficiency, employee productivity and security against cyberthreats.
- New Possibilities with Apps, Partner Solutions and Customization –AltaLink 8100 series transforms the way you work with the apps in the Xerox App Gallery or a custom solution from one of Xerox’s partners. ConnectKey technology ecosystem can assist in creating customized workflows, automating complex tasks and printing/scanning directly from the cloud with services like Connect for Box, Connect for OneDrive, Connect for Google Drive, Connect for Dropbox, Connect for Office 365 and Connect for SalesForce.
With these features, the Xerox AltaLink B8100 and C8100 MFPs can help in doing more than just print – automating workflows seamlessly and with comprehensive security to support businesses as they shift from physical to digital enterprises.