Abu Dhabi, the stunning capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been in the limelight for quite some time, making it on to the wish list of every wanderluster across the globe. Whether you want to indulge in rich culture and heritage, dive into a gastronomical journey, or simply get away from the hustle and bustle at a picturesque beachside resort, with an expanding range of fabulous accommodation options – Abu Dhabi perfectly fits the bill.
The emirate has it all – beaches, desert, romance, and a luxurious holiday offering like no other. To help you get started with planning your much awaited romantic getaway, we’ve put together places you must visit with your loved one, sweep them off their feet and create memories in more ways than one.
If you are planning a romantic holiday in the most ‘grammable locales or looking for perfect slice of paradise to rejoice with your partner, look no further than Abu Dhabi. To vibe-up the planner in you, we have listed down the most exotic locations in Abu Dhabi to soothe your mind and soul.
- A Romantic Beach Teepee Dinner at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort:Located in a private estate of a pristine natural island, the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort welcomes guests to explore the beauty of the Arabian Gulf. Plan your romantic beach dining experience and watch the magical sunset as you indulge in a five-course menu featuring dishes such as Boston Lobster Thermidor or Asparagus and Black Truffle Veloute. The romantic ambience and exquisite offerings are set to transform the night into an intimate experience like no other.
- Secluded island vibes at Zaya Nurai Island:A honeymoon on a private boutique island surrounded by tranquil sea and beautiful clear water is the perfect way to ramp-up the romance. Zaya Nurai Island is located in the Arabian Gulf and is a mere ten-minute boat ride from Abu Dhabi’s Saadiyat Island. The island’s luxurious all-villa hotel has a magnificent beachfront view. All the villas come with private pools and the best of in-room amenities. They also have a renowned spa and wellness centre where you can sit back and relax with a couples’ massage. There’s no better way to unwind than with a romantic dinner on the beach as you watch the sun set over the horizon.
- A magical night at the Emirates Palace Hotel:Emirates Palace is decorated with gold-leaf, marble and hung with almost 1,000 Swarovski crystal chandeliers., located in a dazzling natural bay, Emirates Palace offers a private beach and marina with stunning Arabian interiors and legendary five-star service. The resort brings a new touch of luxury to the heart of Abu Dhabi along with delicious food featuring flavours of the Emirati culture.
- Martabaan by Hemant Oberoi: Giving you a taste of India, Martabaan has been envisaged as a ‘contemporary classic’ Indian dining destination by Hemant Oberoi, celebrated master chef and the first Indian chef nominated to the World Gourmet Club. Deeply embedded in cultural traditions, his innovative recipes have revolutionized the Indian culinary world with delights such as Temple Cuisine, Iron Cuisine and the Naza to name a few.
- Celebrate art in Louvre Abu Dhabi: The magnificent Louvre Abu Dhabi is the epitome of architecture that combines French design by a Pritzker Prize-winning architect Jean Nouvel, this cultural beacon shines fresh light on the shared stories of humanity. It is the perfect place to revel in the dynamic nature of the contemporary Arab world while celebrating the region’s vibrant multicultural heritage. Its permanent collection comprises more than 600 pieces of art, displayed across 23 state-of-the-art galleries, all under a giant 180-metre-wide metal dome which weighs the same as the Eiffel Tower. Drawn from civilisations from all around the world, the works tell the story of shared human experience from ancient times to the present day.
- Adventure at Yas Waterworld:If you and your partner are in for a thrill, look no further than the world’s greatest water playground, sure to up the adrenalin on your honeymoon adventures. Yas Waterworld is spread across 37 acres, the UAE’s mega water park offers the ultimate water adventure where you can enjoy more than 40 rip-roaring rides, slithering slides and attractions, five of which are unique to Abu Dhabi, and an amazing experience at different thrill levels. One fun fact – Bandit Bomber – a world first, Middle East’s longest suspended roller coaster at 550 meters is a must – riders can shoot jets of water at targets, drop water bombs and trigger special effects, while people below can spray them with water as they pass.
- Private tranquility at Al Wathba Desert Resort & Spa:Immerse yourselves in luxury and privacy at Al Wathba Desert Resort, which lies deep within the golden desert landscape of Abu Dhabi. Inspired by classical dwellings, the boutique resort features timeless local details, traditional artwork, and Arabesque accessories, setting the perfect backdrop for you to hit the dunes and explore the natural beauty of the Arabian desert.
- Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island Hotel:Hilton’s latest world-class leisure resort, the breath-taking Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island, is set within Yas Bay’s Waterfront, at the Southern end of Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island, giving you immediate access to the waterfront’s retail and food and beverage outlets, as well as world-class entertainment and nightlife experiences.
- Pamper your partner with an extravaganza shopping spree experience:With luxury shopping malls and local markets offering everything from gold and designer watches to carpets and textiles, the city’s shopping options are as eclectic as it comes. Spacious, modern and air conditioned, Abu Dhabi’s malls are a welcome escape from the summer heat and a world of choice when it comes to shopping. What’s more, they are a place to catch up with friends or for a family outing, always buzzing with activity as people meet, eat and shop. Also, explore the luxury shopping destination, The Galleria on Al Maryah Island, which saw a huge expansion in 2019 and now offers over 400 brands, or head over to the Avenue at Etihad Towers to browse through one of the world’s most exclusive boutique collections.